Monday, October 24, 2011

Kloepfer Called.

While all these abductions and murders were taking place; Elizabeth Kloepfer, Bundy’s girlfriend back in Seattle had her suspicions. Bundy’s car fit the description of the Volkswagen Beetle that multiple witnesses had reported seeing, she had also found multiple objects in her house which she considered to be abnormal; such as a meat cleaver, surgical gloves, stolen medical supply, and a bag of women’s clothing. Whenever she decided she wanted to cut her hair which was long, brown, and parted down the middle (a pattern with his victims), he would become upset; and then there was the fact that she could not account for where he was on any of the nights that the murders took place. So Kloepfer continuously called the Salt Lake County Sheriff Office until they gave her an interview. Bundy was then placed on the top of the list of possible suspects.
Can you imagine finding out that your lover is a possible serial killer? I don’t know if I’d have the guts to turn him in or just flee. How about you, would you be able to condemn your lover to death, even if he/she is a killer?

8 comments:

  1. I think for me he would instantly not be someone I cared for anymore, I would be terrified and disgusted. I think I would go to the police forsure, out of fear and not wanting it to continue. But that is so crazy, serial killers seem like a movie, having one be such a close reality would be so weird. I really like this topic I find it so interesting!! Great job! -Hollee

    ReplyDelete
  2. See I was almost thinking the same thing, except I think I would be so scared to call the police that I might just run, but I'm not really sure it would be such a difficult situation. I like what you say about it being like a movie because that's exactly how I feel! It's like a real life horror movie that we can't simply put on pause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really a difficult position to be in. I think I would be able to call the police and report the person I love but in the same sense I feel as love can often blind us. Of course we believe we would do the right thing, but if your in her shoes, how far into it are you? Are your family and friends now put in danger? I love this topic and have a learned a ton from your blog and doing your peer review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when I was in high school I watched the Ted Bundy movie with one of my girlfriends. We were really freaked out by the movie because he seemed so normal. If anyone hasn't seen that movie it's really disturbing and the end of it is really disgusting. I don't know what I would do if my fiance was a murderer, I just don't know if I would be able to believe it because I could never imagine him doing something like that. I suppose that's the whole point though for the killer to act as normal as possible so they dont get caught. - Jessica C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks raassfam.. that's a good point, i mean it would be terrifying and for me the safety of my family would be more important.. Jessica- I watched that movie a few years ago as well and it scared the crap out of me! I think that's partly what motivated me to choose this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That movie is so scary...so scary. I think I would also be scared for my safety, if he could be so different from the person I thought he was theres no saying he won't try and kill me. I would be too terrified to not call the police.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally get what your saying, I'd almost be too scared to call the police because if he really is a killer who's to say he wouldn't come after me for turning him in. I'd be one of the ones to pack up my belongings and disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's possible for someone to be BOTH a good person and a serial killer at the same time: that sounds weird, I know, but I suppose it depends which side one sees. The only reason I'd be freaked out if a lover turned out to be a serial killer is 1.) I'd want them to stop, and 2.) I would be scared they might turn on me one day. Especially if they knew that I'd found out what they did in their spare time.

    ReplyDelete